Sportsmen have to be constantly motivated for achieving their goals. It helps them to boost confidence during the course of the game and while training sessions as well. Here are some inspirational quotes from popular sportmen.
- “I don’t count my situps. I only start counting once it starts hurting. ” -Muhammad Ali
Muhammad Ali was a heavyweight-boxing champion and Olympic gold medalist. He constantly had a positive and motivational outlook on life. When asked by a reporter how many situps he does in a day, he replied- “I don’t count my sit-ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting. That is when I start counting because then it counts. That’s what makes you a champion.”
- “The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.” – Les Brown
Every player wants to win the tournament. But the difference is many give up when the battle goes out of hand. The scores are the result of your hard work. Each drop of your sweat lost makes your victory taste sweeter which ultimately gives you more joy.
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
Athletes should have a never give up attitude. This helps them to compete even when they are on the verge of losing. This may sometimes result in a win. Babe Ruth never gave up in any match. That is why no one doubted him in the fields. He always said that having an ability conquers half the battle. The other half can be conquered with mental strength and a positive attitude of never giving up.
- “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
Having an ability isn’t everything. You have to work hard to master it. Practising with the right effort gives your talent the right shape. To win, with talent discipline, courage and concentration are also important. Never give excuses about anything and always work hard to soar high and achieve your goals.
- “If you can’t outplay them, outwork them.” – Ben Hogan
Every champion has the same formula i.e, Work hard. It is because of hard work aids in improving your inner talent. The fact is you have to work a little harder to unlock the key of victory.
- “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
This great quote is given by Michael Jordan. He never fails to admit his failure. If you fall, grow up again. This is how you succeed in life. Jordan remembers the definite number of shots he missed. However, he doesn’t know the ones he made.
- “Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.” – Lou Holtz
You are only responsible for your success. For being successful you have to push yourself off your limits. Lou Holtz is a retired American soccer player, coach, and analyst. He is the only college football coach.
- “A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.” – Jack Dempsey
Again, Jack believes that when you fall, get up with twice the power and strength. Even if your body is fully exhausted, train your mind to overcome the exhaustion and pain. This nature becomes your habit and it thereby makes you a winner.