Abdul Samad Biography
ABDUL SAMAD born on 28th October 2001 is an Indian right-handed batsman. He is representing SRH (Sunrisers Hyderabad) in the 2021 Indian Premier League and plays for Jammu and Kashmir in domestic cricket tournaments. Under Irfan Pathan’s guidance, he has mastered his batting skills to score good runs and hit big sixes. Abdul is the fourth player from Jammu and Kashmir to appear at the renowned, Indian Premier League. During the 2019-2020 Ranji Trophy, he hit a total of 36 highest sixes which helped him gain national attention.
|Full Name||Abdul Samad|
|Birthplace||Kalakote, Jammu and Kashmir, India|
|Date of Birth||28th October 2001|
|Age||20 years (as per 2021)|
|Parent||Mohammad Farooq (father) Farzana Kausar (mother)|
Let’s dive deep into Abdul Samad’s life and talk about Abdul Samad’s Biography.
Abdul Samad Biography: Early Life
Abdul was born in a family with a sports background in a remote village Kalakote in Jammu and Kashmir, India to a PE (Physical Education) mentor Mohammad Farooq who played volleyball nationally, and Farzana Kausar (mother). He also played cricket like every Indian kid in the gullies with his friends. In few years, his interest in the cricket sport was at its peak but was not supported by his mother, who wanted him to pursue further education.
Without wasting any time, his father enrolled him in the MA Coaching Centre where he could train for the sport under highly skilled trainers. His coach, Randhir Singh Manhas shaped his batting skills and helped him get selected in the U-14 and U-16 cricket squad of Jammu and Kashmir. In the initial days of his batting career, he tried to score long shots which many times led to his dismissal.
While appearing at the selection trials for the senior state team, he met the former Indian cricketer, Irfan Pathan. He was immensely astonished by his performance and was one of the five cricketers selected by him in the selection trials out of 400 cricketers. Getting selected in the senior team was favorable for him, where he was groomed under Irfan Pathan.
He faced national recognition after debuting at the 2018-2019 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
Also Read – Kartik Tyagi’s Biography.
Abdul Samad’s Career
- He made his first astonishing appearance at the 2018-2019 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. Abdul came under talks after scoring 76 runs in 51 balls against Nagaland.
- Later the same year, he made his List A debut for Jammu and Kashmir at the 2018-2019 Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- In the 2019-2020 Ranji Trophy, he scored 592 runs in 10 matches becoming the highest run-scorer from his state team.
- Abdul was selected in the IPL team of SRH (Sunrisers Hyderabad) for the 2020 IPL getting manifested with his domestic scorers and potential to score high for a base price of Rupees 20 Lakh. In the league, he played 12 matches scoring 111 runs with an average of 22.20.
Abdul Samad in the 2021 Indian Premier League
- Abdul retained with SRH for the 2021 IPL.
Also Read – Yashasvi Jaiswal’s Biography.
Abdul Samad’s Family
- Abdul was born in a family with sport blood to Mohammad Farooq (mother) and Farzana Kausar (mother).
- His father is a former national-level volleyball player and a PE mentor.
- He has an elder brother named Tayyub Samad who is currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Physical Education.
Abdul Samad’s Wife and Kids
Abdul Samad’s Awards and Achievements
Abdul Samad’s Records
Abdul Samad’s Social Media
- Instagram – @abdulsamad.
- Twitter – @ABDULSAMAD__1.