Double formats, one perfect co-existence
There are two primary organizations of kabaddi –
- Global Rules Kabaddi
- Circle-style Kabaddi
Regardless of the substance of the game continues as before in both, the standards change in the two configurations.
For International Rules kabaddi, a rectangular court of 13×10 meters is required, while Circle-style kabaddi is played on a roundabout pitch that has a span of 11 meters.
Both these styles have different World Cups.
The three styles that were pervasive in India over the ages were Amar, Sanjeevani, and Gamine.
Present-day kabaddi is a blend of every one of these styles with a couple of alterations in rules and guidelines.
India’s dominance of kabaddi
India has been taking an interest in all the eminent global kabaddi competitions.
The Indian men’s group has won every one of the titles in the Asian Games and the World Cup till now.
With seven World Cup titles and the same number of Asian Games gold decorations, the Indian men’s national group is at the zenith of the game.
The women aren’t far behind
The first select ladies’ kabaddi occasion in Quite a while was held in recent Calcutta in 1995.
Be that as it may, it took 15 additional years prior to the ladies’ occasion was presented at the Asian Games.
The Indian ladies coordinated their male partners in staying unbeaten at the Asian Games, gathering the gold at Guangzhou in 2010 and at Incheon in 2014.
They have additionally stepped their position at the Women’s Kabaddi World Cup, winning all the three worldwide meets held since 2012.
Star Sports Pro Kabaddi brings the whole kabaddi world to India
The Star Sports Pro Kabaddi has not just given a worthwhile chance to the homegrown players to sparkle, however, it has additionally acquired particularly skilled global types of this game to India.
The group has 26 outsiders from 13 nations taking an interest in its third version.
Players from Pakistan, Kenya, Iran, Poland, and South Korea have given this competition a genuinely worldwide flavor.
Kabaddi is the national game of Bangladesh
Kabaddi is a contact group activity and is extremely mainstream in South Asia.
As kabaddi is state round of numerous states however it turned into the national round of Bangladesh.
- In the 1926 Berlin Olympics, Kabaddi was exhibited by India and it got national presentation just because.
- The All India Kabaddi Federation appeared during 1950 and outlined the principles and guidelines for the game further it reconstituted as the Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India in 1973.
- The main Asian Kabaddi Championship was held in 1980 and India won the title against Bangladesh in the finals.
- The main National competition for Kabaddi was held in Chennai for Men’s group.
- In India, Kabaddi is played in four different styles; Sanjeevani, Gaminee, Amar, and Punjabi.
- Kabaddi is the National game of Bangladesh and Nepal.
- Kabaddi is state game of Tamil Nadu, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Punjab.