Harvinder Singh Biography
HARVINDER SINGH born on 25th February 1991 is an Indian Para-Archer. He is ranked as the World No.9 para-archer in the recurve men’s category. Suffering from an impairment in his left leg, he has confirmed India’s first-ever medal changing the history in the sports category of archery at the Paralympics. He is the most inspiring para-athlete showing his skills without leaning back with his disability facing all the overcoming problems and society norms.
|Full Name||Harvinder Singh|
|Birthplace||Kaithal, Haryana, India|
|Date of Birth||25th February 1991|
|Age||30 years (as per 2021)|
|Parent||Paramjeet Singh (father) Harbhajan Kaur (mother)|
Let’s dive deep into Harvinder Singh’s life and talk about Harvinder Singh’s Biography.
Harvinder Singh Biography: EARLY LIFE
Harvinder was born in a remote village Kaithal of Haryana, India in a farming family to Paramjeet Singh (father) and Harbhajan Kaur (mother). At the age of one and half years, he was given the wrong treatment for curing Dengue which led to an impairment in his left leg.
Harvinder completed his graduation and Ph.D. in Economics from Punjab University. While studying at Punjab University in 2012, he was highly impressed by watching the archery sport at the 2012 London Paralympics. He was immensely motivated by the archers of the Paralympics through their dedication to compete. The very next day, Harvinder visited the archery target range and decided to pursue it as his further career and participate in international tournaments.
Training and participating in district and state competitions, Harvinder made his first international debut at the Para-Archery World Championships of 2017.
Harvinder Singh Biography: CAREER
- Harvinder made his first astonishing appearance at the 2016 National Para-Archery Championship which was held in Rohtak. In the tournament, he bagged a bronze medal.
- In the next year, he made his first international appearance at the 2017 Para-Archery World Championships and finished in 7th position on the scoreboards.
- In 2018, Harvinder clinched India’s first gold medal in recurve men’s category in Para-Archery at the 2018 Asian Para Games held in Indonesia.
- In the consecutive year, he was fortunate to grab a bronze medal at the 2019 Asian Para-Archery Championship in Thailand.
Harvinder Singh Biography: PARALYMPICS 2020
- Harvinder was qualified to represent India at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- He was qualified to represent India in the men’s recurve archery event.
- At the Paralympics, Harvinder impressed every Indian by clinching the country’s first medal in archery at Paralympics with a bronze medal.
- He conquered Kim Min Su of South Korea 6-5 securing a bronze in the Paralympics.
- At the semi-finals, he was conquered by Kevin Mather of the United States with a score of 4-6.
Harvinder Singh Biography: FAMILY
- Harvinder was born in a farming family to Paramjeet Singh (father) and Harbhajan Kaur (mother).
Harvinder Singh Biography: Husband AND KIDS
Harvinder Singh Biography: AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2016 National Para-Archery Championship – Bronze.
- 2018 Asian Para Games – Gold.
- 2019 Asian Para-Archery Championship – Bronze.
Harvinder Singh Biography: RECORDS
- 1st Indian archer to grab a medal at Paralympics.
Harvinder Singh Biography: SOCIAL MEDIA
- Instagram – @harvindersingh07.
- Twitter – @ArcherHarvinder.