Krishna Nagar Biography
KRISHNA NAGAR born on 12th January 1999 is an Indian Para-Shuttler. He is ranked as the World No.2 on the top of scoreboards in men’s singles Para-badminton for the SH6 category (event in which shuttlers with short height impairment compete). He came under talks after winning gold in men’s singles at the Paralympics. Krishna has acquired India’s fifth gold medal in total and fourth in the badminton sport in the Paralympics. He is one of the finest shuttlers in the Para-badminton sport and admiring the youth with his astonishing performance despite having a short height.
|Full Name||Krishna Nagar|
|Birthplace||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Date of Birth||12th January 1999|
|Age||22 years (as per 2021)|
|Parent||Sunil Nagar (father) Indra Nagar (mother)|
Let’s dive deep into Krishna Nagar’s life and talk about Krishna Nagar’s Biography.
Krishna Nagar Biography: EARLY LIFE
Krishna was born in the capital and largest city of Rajasthan state in India, Jaipur in a simple middle-class family to Sunil Nagar (father) and Indra Nagar (mother). His growth slowed up from the age of 2, after several recommendations of doctors, it was clear that he suffers from a problem with the growth of bones. Due to improper bone growth, Krishna suffered from dwarfism from his childhood getting bullied by his schoolmates for his short height.
Due to his short height, Krishna lacked confidence and feared to do or practice any sport. But his ability to run fast motivated him to pursue the badminton sport. He took up the badminton sport professionally from the age of 15 in 2014. Soon, his high-intensity skills and agility helped him to cope with the sport and give his level best.
At starting he represented his school in interschool competitions and soon showed up his skills at the national level.
Krishna Nagar Biography: CAREER
- Despite having a short height, Krishna took up the sport from the age of 15.
- Within a short interval of time, he showed up his skills at the local and district tournaments for which he was selected to represent in nationals for the para-badminton sport.
- Krishna gained a lot of fame after winning his first international medal acquiring a bronze at the 2018 Asian Para Games in the SH6 singles event.
- This feat was repeated at the 2019 World Para-Badminton Championship which was held in Switzerland. He won a bronze in singles and silver in doubles along with Raja Magotra in the SH6 category.
- Later in 2019, he was selected in the Paralympics representing his country, but unfortunately, the Paralympics got postponed.
Krishna Nagar Biography: PARALYMPICS 2020
- Krishna had an astonishing performance throughout the 2020 Paralympics and was fortunate in grabbing gold for the country in the singles SH6 category. He became the 5th athlete to acquire a gold medal for the country.
- Krishna conquered Chu Man Kai, a shuttler from Hong Kong, in the finals of the Tokyo Paralympics with a score of 21-17, 16-21, and 21-17. It was impossible for Krishna to cope up in the first half, but made his astonishing return in the second half.
Krishna Nagar Biography: Family
- Krishna was born in a middle-class family to Sunil Nagar (father) and Indra Nagar (mother).
Krishna Nagar Biography: AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2018 Asian Para Games – Bronze in singles.
- 2019 World Para-Badminton Championship – Bronze in singles and silver in doubles.
- 2020 Tokyo Paralympics – Gold in singles.
Krishna Nagar Biography: RECORDS
- Ranked as the World No.2 Para-Badminton Player in the Singles SH6 category.
- 1st Indian to secure gold at Paralympics.
Krishna Nagar Biography: SOCIAL MEDIA
- Instagram – @krishnanagr99.
- Twitter – @Krishnanagar99.
The much awaited moment 🇮🇳 🏅 pic.twitter.com/OSYgMXtRb3— Krishna Nagar (@Krishnanagar99) September 5, 2021