Lovlina Borgohain Biography
Lovlina Borgohain, born on 2nd October 1997, is an Indian international boxer who represents India in the 69kg Welterweight category. She has assured the second medal for India in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Lovlina is the first female and the second boxer from the state to get qualified for the Olympics. In 2020, she was honored with Arjuna Award.
|Full Name||Lovlina Borgohain|
|Birthplace||Golaghat, Assam, India|
|Date of Birth||2nd October 1997|
|Age||24 years (as per 2021)|
|Parent||Tiken Borgohain (Father) Mamoni Borgohain (Mother)|
Let’s take a look at Lovlina Borgohain’s life journey and talk about Lovlina Borgohain’s Biography.
Lovlina Borgohain Biography: Early Life
Lovlina was born on 2nd October 1997 in Golghat, Assam, India, to Tiken (father) and Mamoni Borgohain (mother). Her elder twin sister’s played kickboxing nationally, but they were unable to go further in their sport due to some reasons. It inspired Lovlina to pursue a kickboxing career.
Lovlina started her sports career in kickboxing. She studied at Barpathar Girls High School, which allowed her to shift her career as a kickboxer and to boxing. It was her coach Padum Boro, who noticed her boxing skills and started training her in 2012.
Lovlina Borgohain Biography: Family
- Lovlina was born to Tiken (father) and Mamoi Borgohain (mother).
- Her father is a small-scale businessman, and her mother is a housewife.
- Lovlina’s father was not financially able to help them (Lovlina and her sisters) pursue their careers. But he struggled and managed to provide proper training to Lovlina.
- She has twin elder sisters, Licha and Lima, who have played at the national level in kickboxing.
Lovlina Borgohain Biography: Career
- Lovlina started her career in kickboxing, but her school trials provided an opportunity to pursue kickboxing.
- She was selected in the trials by coachPadumBoro and trained from 2012.
- Her family’s financial health was not quite good, but her father struggled to provide her necessary support.
- After long years of dedication and practice helped win a bronze medal in the 2017 Asian Boxing Championship held in Vietnam. Later in the same year, she successfully won the President’s Cup.
- In 2018, she won a gold medal in the India Open from Welterweight category, which helped her fruitfully get selected in the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- In the subsequent year, she bagged bronze and silver in the 13th International Silesian Championship held in Polland and Ulaanbaatar Cup held in Mongolia.
- At the 2018 AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championship in New Delhi, she participated in the Welterweight category (69kg) and successfully won a bronze medal.
- She lucratively won a bronze medal at the 2019 Women’s World Boxing Championship in Russia.
- A bronze medal at the Asia-Oceania Boxing Olympic Qualifiers helped her secure a place in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Lovlina Borgohain Biography: Awards and Achievements
- Asian Championship 2017, 2021 – bronze.
- World Championships 2018, 2019 – bronze.
- Arjuna Award – 2020.
Lovlina Borgohain Biography: Records
- The first woman and second boxer to get qualified for the Olympics.
- The second player to ensure a medal for India in Tokyo Olympics 2020.
Lovlina Borgohain in Olympics
At the time of the writing, Lovlina ensured a bronze medal in the Tokyo Olympics 2020 after defeating NC Chen of Chinese Taipei in the quarterfinals of the Women’s Welterweight Division.
Lovlina Borgohain Biography: Social Media