Manjeet Chhillar Biography
Manjeet Chhillar born on 18th August 1986 is an Indian All-Rounder kabaddi player. He is a member of the Senior National Kabaddi Team and plays for Tamil Thalaivas in the VIVO Pro Kabaddi League. Manjeet has set many records for the PKL to be ranked on the top of the leader boards for highest tackle points, successful tackles, and High 5s. He is known for his smart plays which help the team easily win the game even in difficult times.
|Full Name||Manjeet Chhillar|
|Birthplace||Naizampur, Delhi, India|
|Date of Birth||19th January 1990|
|Age||35 years (as per 2021)|
|Nickname||One Man Army|
|Parent||Jai Parkash (father)|
Let’s dive deep into Manjeet Chhillar’s life and talk about Manjeet Chhillar’s Biography.
Manjeet Chhillar Biography: Early Life
Manjeet was born in Nizampur, Delhi, India to Jai Parkash (father) in a middle-class Jat family. He was fond of wrestling from childhood getting inspired by villagers and his cousins. Manjeet soon started competitive wrestling.
While wrestling, he injured his nose severely which forced him to leave wresting, later he practiced kabaddi with his friends. He decided to pursue kabaddi as a career and soon started to train professionally. This derail became a god gift for him after getting selected in the Senior National Kabaddi Team.
Manjeet Chhillar Biography: Career
- In 2010, he played a major role for the India team in winning gold at the 2010 Asian Games.
- This feat was again achieved by him at the 2014 Asian Games.
- At the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup, Manjeet had an ill-performance which was a major problem for the India team, but later in the 2nd round, Ajay Thakur made an utmost effort and played a major role in the team winning gold.
- He was in the Indian squad winning at the 2018 Dubai Kabaddi Masters.
Manjeet Chhillar Biography: Pro Kabaddi League
- Manjeet started his career of Pro Kabaddi League playing his first season from Bengaluru Bulls and had an disastrous all-round performance scoring 71 raid points with 51 tackle points in 16 matches.
- He retained with Bengaluru Bulls for the 2nd PKL season and scored 40 tackle points and 67 raid points in 16 matches.
- In seasons 3 and 4, he was signed with the newly formed team, Puneri Paltan.
- He played 15 matches and scored 45 raid points with the highest tackle points for anyone in the PKL history with 61 points in the 3rd season. Scoring these points, he became the highest-scoring defender of PKl and was adjudged as Most Valuable Player of the Tournament for the season.
- In the 4th season, he scored 24 raid points and 44 tackle points in 12 matches.
- He had a poor performance in the 5th season with just 5 raid points and 47 tackle points in 15 matches.
- During the PKL season 6, he scored 8 raid points and 59 tackle points in 19 matches.
- For the 7th PKl season, he fortunately scored 4 raid points in 19 raids and 37 tackle points in 15 matches.
Manjeet Chhillar Biography: Family
- Manjeet was born in a Jat family to Jai Parkash (father).
- His father was a government employee.
- Manjeet has three brothers Sandeep, Ashish, and Virender.
Manjeet Chhillar Biography: Wife and Kids
Manjeet Chhillar Biography: Awards and Achievements
- Arjuna Award – 2015.
- Asian Games 2010, 2014 – Gold.
- Most Valuable Player of the tournament (PKL) – 2015.
- Star Sports Player of the Tournament (PKL) – 2014.
- 2016 Kabaddi World Cup – Gold.
Manjeet Chhillar Biography: Records
- Highest PKL tackle points – 302.
- Most successful tackles – 289.
- Most High 5s – 21.
Manjeet Chhillar Biography: Social Media
- Instagram – @manjeetchhillar.
- Twitter – N.A
‘Attack wins you games, defence wins you titles’ 💪— ProKabaddi (@ProKabaddi) August 16, 2021
Manjeet Chhillar leads the way as the top-scoring defender in PKL history, but can you identify the other two players? 😉 pic.twitter.com/U5F4Y17stu