Nishad Kumar Biography
NISHAD KUMAR born on 3rd October 1999 is an Indian Para-Athlete who competes in the T47 category (athletes with below or above elbow amputation/impairment) for High Jump. He was selected in the TOPS scheme under the Indian Government to represent the contingent along with 54 athletes at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics and has secured a silver medal in the men’s high jump T47 event. Despite impairment in his right hand, he has represented India globally winning several medals and scoring new world records.
|Full Name||Nishad Kumar|
|Birthplace||Amb, Una, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Date of Birth||3rd October 1999|
|Age||22 years (as per 2021)|
|Parent||Rashpal Singh (father) Pushpa Kumari (mother)|
Let’s dive deep into Nishad Kumar’s life and talk about Nishad Kumar’s Biography.
Nishad Kumar Biography: EARLY LIFE
Nishad was born in a backwood family to Rashpal Singh (father) and Pushpa Kumari (mother) in a small town, Amb in Una district of Himachal Pradesh, India. At the age of 8, his entire life changed within few seconds. He lost his right hand while helping his mother to cut dry grass in the fodder machine. After the accident, he never focused on his disability rather he started to focus on para-sports.
He started training in various sports after two years in his school, Saraswati Vidya Mandir, Katohar Khurd, Himachal Pradesh. At starting, he participated in races of 200m and 400m but soon shifted to high jump on the recommendation of his coach. His gigantic height helped him jump higher using extreme flexibility.
In 2009, he started participating in High Jump competitions and his first astonishing performance appeared at the 2009 National School Games, Patiala winning a silver medal in the high jump category.
Nishad Kumar Biography: CAREER
- He achieved immense recognition after winning a silver medal in the junior high jump category at the 2009 National School Games held in Patiala, India.
- In 2017, he clinched a silver medal with a jump of 1.83 at the National Para Athletics Championships of 2017 in Panchkula.
- At the 2019 World Para Athletics Championships, he bagged a bronze in the championship in the T47 category of high jump.
- Winning a medal at the world championships, he secured his spot in the TOPS scheme to represent the Indian contingent at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics for the high jump event.
- In 2021, he clinched a gold medal in the T46 category of the high jump at the 2021 World Para Athletics Grand Prix in Dubai.
Nishad Kumar Biography: PARALYMPICS 2020
- Nishad had an astonishing performance throughout the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics clinching silver for the country.
- Nishad Kumar won silver jumping a measure of 2.06m in the T47 category of high jump.
Nishad Kumar Biography: FAMILY
- Nishad was born in a middle-class family to Rashpal Singh (father) and Pushpa Kumari (mother).
- His father was daily wage labor in his village and his mother is a housewife.
- He has a younger sister named Rama Kumari.
Nishad Kumar Biography: WIFE AND KIDS
Nishad Kumar Biography: AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2009 National School Games – Silver.
- 2013 National Para Athletics Championships – Silver.
- 2019 World Para Athletics Championships – Bronze.
- 2020 Tokyo Olympics – Silver.
- 2021 World Para Athletics Grand Prix – Gold.
Nishad Kumar Biography: RECORDS
- In 2021, he jumped a record-breaking measure of 2.06m at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics.
Nishad Kumar Biography: SOCIAL MEDIA
- Instagram – @nishad_kumar6100.
- Twitter – @nishad_hj.
An interaction with our champions, who brought back pride and glory from Tokyo! Watch the interesting interaction with our para-athletes at 11 AM tomorrow, 12th September. pic.twitter.com/1H47I0ZFKq— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) September 11, 2021