Nitin Tomar Biography: Nitin Tomar born on 30th April 1995 is an Indian kabaddi player known for his astonishing raiding skills. He has represented Puneri Paltan, Bengal Warriors, and U.P Yodha and was the most costly Pro Kabaddi League player after being bought by U.P Yodha for 1.15 Cr. Nitin is mainly known for his agility and accuracy doing a running hand touch which has helped the India team win gold at the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup and 2017 Asian Kabaddi Championship. He will be appearing for Puneri Paltan in the 8th season of PKL.
|Full Name||Nitin Tomar|
|Birthplace||Malakpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Date of Birth||30th April 1995|
|Age||28 years (as per 2023)|
|Nickname||UP ka Bahubali|
|Parent||Jitendra Tomar (father)|
Let’s dive deep into Nitin Tomar’s life and talk about Nitin Tomar’s Biography.
Nitin Tomar Biography: Early Life
Nitin was born in Malakpur Village in Baghpat District of Uttar Pradesh, India to Jitendra Tomar (father). His family belongs to a sports background with his two uncles, Ashok Tomar and Prahlad Tomar who were professional wrestlers and represented themselves at the nationals.
He was inspired by his uncles and tried to train for wrestling, but because of the lack of proper facilities and infrastructure in the school/village, he had to forcibly train kabaddi. Soon, he showed up with his talent and played from his school in state championships.
He won his first gold at the Junior Championships at the age of 16.
Nitin Tomar Biography: Career
- Continuous struggles and practice helped him get selected in the national squad for the 2016 Kabaddi World Cup and winning gold for the country defeating Iran in the tournament finals.
- In the 2017 Asian Kabaddi Championship, he rose as a star in the final moments and helped India win the finals and bringing gold for the country scoring 6 points in the match.
- In PKL 2022-23, he returned to his old franchise, UP Yoddhas.
Nitin Tomar Biography: Pro Kabaddi League
- Nitin started his career of PKL playing his first season from Bengal Warriors in the 3rd PKL season scoring 77 raid points and 4 tackle points in 10 matches and becoming one of the lead scorers of the season.
- In the 4th season, he was bought by U.P Yodha for Rupees 93 Lakh making him the most costly player in the league. For the team, he scores 33 raid points and 1 tackle point in 12 matches.
- He was retained with the team for the next season. In the 5th season, he scored 167 raid points and 10 tackle points in 20 matches. It was his personal highest raid points scored.
- He was signed to Puneri Paltan for two seasons, 6th and 7th, in which, he scored a total of 102 points in 11 matches and 73 points in 15 matches.
- Nitin will be retaining with the team of 2021 PKL season.
Nitin Tomar Biography: Family
- Nitin was born in a Jat family to Jitendra Tomar (father).
- He has a brother named Nikhil Tomar.
Nitin Tomar Biography: Wife and Kids
Nitin Tomar Biography: Awards and Achievements
- 2016 Kabaddi World Cup – Gold.
- 2017 Asian Kabaddi Championship – Gold.
- Lakshman Award – 2019.
Nitin Tomar Biography: Records
- He was the costliest player bought for Rupees 93 Lakh by U.P Yodha in the 4th season.
Nitin Tomar Biography: Social Media
- Instagram – @nitin_tomar0077
- Twitter – N.A