Parul Parmar Biography
PARUL PARMAR born on 20th March 1973 is an Indian Para-Shuttler. Ranked as the World No.1 on the top in para-badminton for the women’s singles SL3 (event in which shuttlers with lower limb impairment compete). She is one of the most inspiring and highly skilled para-shuttler in India. With an experience of almost 32 years, Parul is the most experienced para-shuttler and will be leading the Indian para-badminton squad for the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics.
|Full Name||Parul Parmar|
|Birthplace||Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India|
|Date of Birth||20th March 1973|
|Age||48 years (as per 2021)|
|Parent||Dalsukh Parmar (father)|
Let’s dive deep into Parul Parmar’s life and talk about Parul Parmar’s Biography.
Parul Parmar Biography: EARLY LIFE
Parul was born in the capital city of Gujarat, Gandhinagar in a sport blood family with her father, Dalsukh Parmar being a state-level badminton player. At the age of 3, Parul was told by her doctor that she was infected with Polio in her right leg. Few months after the news while playing, Parul slipped down the swing and was severely injured with a fracture in the collar bone and right leg. Her full body was plastered and it took a long period to heal properly.
Parul started exercising on the recommendation of her doctor to keep her right leg working. On the behalf of her parents, she visited the badminton ground to practice and exercise with her father who was a state-level badminton player. Soon in 1985, she started competing in local tournaments and inter-school tournaments. Winning in several tournaments motivated her to participate in national tournaments and never lean back to her disability.
Parul Parmar Biography: CAREER
- Parul made her first astonishing appearance at the 2007 BWF World Championship winning gold in both women’s singles and doubles with Charanjeet Kaur in the SL3 category.
- For her incredible performance in internationals representing India, she was dignified with Arjuna Award in 2009.
- Later in 2013, she won a total of 3 medals at the 2013 BWF World Championships held in Dortmund, Germany.
- In the tournament, she won a gold medal in the women’s singles SL3 category conquering Helle Sofie Sagoy in the finals and bronze medals in women’s doubles in the SL3 category with Kamtam Wandee and mixed doubles in SL3 category with Manoj Sarkar.
- She made her next appearance at the 2014 Asian Para games and bagged gold in the women’s singles SL3 event and a silver medal in the mixed doubles SL3 event with Raj Kumar.
- In 2015, she was fortunate to clinch a gold and silver medal in mixed doubles SL3-SU5 category and women’s doubles in the SL3 category at the 2015 BWF Para-Badminton World Championship. She played with Manasi Joshi in doubles and with Raj Kumar in mixed doubles.
- Later in 2017, she had an astonishing throughout the 2017 BWF Para-Badminton Championship held in Usan, South Korea.
- She won gold medals in both women’s singles defeating Wannaphatdee Kamtam of Thailand and women’s doubles with Akiko Sugino of China.
- In 2018, she won gold at the 2018 Asian Para Games in women’s singles SL3 category conquering Wannaphatdee Kamtam of Thailand with a score of 21-9 and 21-5.
- She won a silver medal representing India at the 2019 BWF Para-Badminton Championship in women’s singles defeating Manasi Joshi of India with a score of 12-21 and 7-21.
- Her mind-blowing performance representing India at the international level helped her get selected for the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics.
Parul Parmar Biography: PARALYMPICS 2020
- Parul Parmar was selected to lead the Indian para-badminton squad with her 32 years of experience at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics.
- She was qualified to represent India in the women’s doubles Sl3-SU5 category at the Paralympics with Palak Kohli. This duo is ranked 6th best in the world by BWF.
- Unfortunately, the duo was conquered in the second group matches by Faustine Noel and Lenaig Morin of France with a score of 12-21 and 20-22.
Parul Parmar Biography: FAMILY
- Parul was born to Dalsukh Parmar (father).
- Her father is a former state-level badminton player.
Parul Parmar Biography: Husband AND KIDS
Parul Parmar Biography: AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Arjuna Award – 2009.
- 2007 BWF Para-Badminton World Championship – Gold in singles and singles.
- 2010 Asian Para Games – Bronze in singles.
- 2014 Asian Para Games – Gold in singles and Silver in mixed doubles
- 2015 BWF Para-Badminton World Championship – Gold in mixed doubles and Silver in doubles.
- 2017 BWF Para-Badminton World Championship – Gold in singles and doubles.
- 2018 Asian Para Games – Gold in singles.
- 2019 BWF Para-Badminton Championship – Silver in singles.
Parul Parmar Biography: RECORDS
- Ranked as the World No.2 Para-Badminton Player in women’s singles SL3 category.
- India’s 1st disabled sports coach.
Parul Parmar Biography: SOCIAL MEDIA
- Instagram – @parulparmarofficial.
- Twitter – @ParulBadminton.