Football

Juventus Vice-President Pavel Nedved CONFIRMS Cristiano Ronaldo’s stay at Juventus

Pavel Nedved confirms that Cristiano Ronaldo will stay at Juventus this season. The Portuguese has a year left in his contract at Turin and has been linked with a move to PSG several times after a disappointing season in Serie A. Paris Saint German seems to be interested in acquiring the signature of the 36-year-old.

In an interview with Sky Italia after Juventus’ 3-1 friendly win over Cesena at Juventus Training Centre Saturday, vice president Pavel Nedved addressed two of the most important questions surrounding the club. Nedved confirmed that Cristiano Ronaldo will be back at training on Monday following his post-Euro 2020 vacation.

Also Read:- ‘He left for money – not Twitter!’: Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher bashes Gini Wijnaldum on his claim over Liverpool Exit

What has Pavel Nedved said about Cristiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo and Pavel Nedved during an Exhibition match

He told Sky Sport after the Bianconeri’s 3-1 friendly win against Cesena: “Cristiano Ronaldo has been called up for July 26, he ‘ll be back on Monday and will stay with us.”

The 36-year-old’s €30m-a-year contract runs out next summer and Juventus risk losing him for nothing in 2022 unless they sell the forward this summer or offer him a new deal. Cristiano Ronaldo had been linked with a move away from the Allianz Stadium and was set to leave the club if they missed out on securing Champions League qualification for next season.

Despite seeing their nine-year Serie A winning streak come to an end last term, Juve secured fourth spot and won both the Coppa Italia and Suppercoppa Italiana. Ronaldo emerged as the leading goal scorer in the domestic league scoring 29 goals in 33 appearances. Cristiano Ronaldo is costing Juventus £52m a year and he earns £25m after tax.

Dybala’s contract expires in the summer of 2022 and contract extension talks have started after Old Lady signed Massimiliano Allegri last month.

Also Read:- “Romelu Lukaku is not for sale”: Inter CEO Marotta confirms the Striker’s stay amid interest from Chelsea and Man City

Nedved also confirmed that Paulo Dybala’s agent will also be in Turin next week to restart contract talks that have been paused for months on months on months.

“Dybala’s agent is expected to be in Turin in the next few days, everything will be resolved. Relations were not cold, we are on time”, Nedved said.

According to Reports in Italy, Dybala’s agent- Jorge Antun, was going to be in Turin at some point next week. Juventus have offered Dybala an annual salary of €10m. Dybala is currently one of Juve’s highest earners at around €7.5m per season behind Ronaldo and Matthijs de Ligt.

Juve’s star defender Giorgio Chiellini is now out of contract after his expired at the start of July.

“Chiellini is on vacation. Let’s give him time to recover and then we’ll talk calmly about his renewal”, Nedved said.

Also Read:- ‘Managing Everton never a possibility’: Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard finally opens up on Everton rumours




Related Articles

Back to top button