Praveen Kumar Biography
PRAVEEN KUMAR born on 28th June 1995 is an Indian Para-Athlete who competes in the T64 category (athletes with limb deficiency unilaterally or with an amputation) for High Jump. He was selected in the TOPS scheme under the Indian Government to represent the contingent along with 54 athletes at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics and has secured a silver medal in the men’s high jump T64 event becoming the youngest Indian para-athlete to grab a medal at Paralympics. His disability of unilateral limb deficiency in his left leg has never ceased his engrossment for sports.
|Full Name||Praveen Kumar|
|Birthplace||Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Date of Birth||15th May 2003|
|Age||18 years (as per 2021)|
|Parent||Amarpal Kumar (father) Nirdosh Devi (mother)|
Let’s dive deep into Praveen Kumar’s life and talk about Praveen Kumar’s Biography.
Praveen Kumar Biography: EARLY LIFE
Praveen was born in a farming family to Amarpal Kumar (father) and Nirdosh Devi (mother) in Noida city of Gautam Buddh Nagar in Uttar Pradesh, India. He suffers from an inborn disability which affected his contradictory growth in both legs and impaired muscle power. Praveen had engrossment in various sports but never decided to pursue a career in it, but after realizing the concept of Paralympics and para-sports, he promptly started practicing high jump.
He studied at Pragyan Public School and is pursuing graduation from Motilal Nehru College. At starting, he practiced the sport learning the basics from Youtube and Google without any coach. After some months, he met Coach Satyapal Singh at a district tournament match and decided to train for the sport under his guidance in 2018.
Training under Satyapal Singh, he made his first international mark at the 2019 Junior Para World Championship.
Praveen Kumar Biography: CAREER
- He made his debut at the 2019 Junior Para World Championship and fortunately bagged his first international medal with silver in the men’s high jump T64 category.
- At the 2019 Senior Para Athletics World Championship, he performed well but was ill-fated to grab any medal for the country finishing in the 4th position.
- After the pandemic period, he represented the country at the 2021 Para Athletics Grand Prix which was held in Dubai. In the championship, he bagged gold for the country.
- The same year, he was allowed to represent the Indian contingent at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics.
Praveen Kumar Biography: PARALYMPICS 2020
- Praveen had an astonishing performance throughout the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics clinching silver for the country.
- Praveen Kumar won silver jumping a measure of 2.07m in the T64 category and scoring a new Asian record.
Praveen Kumar Biography: FAMILY
- Praveen was born in a poor-farming family to Amarpal Kumar (father) and Nirdosh Devi (mother).
Praveen Kumar Biography: WIFE AND KIDS
Praveen Kumar Biography: AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2019 Junior Para World Championship – Silver.
- 2021 Para Athletics Grand Prix – Gold.
- 2020 Tokyo Paralympics – Silver.
Praveen Kumar Biography: RECORDS
- Youngest Indian para-athlete to clinch any medal at the Paralympics.
- At the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics, he scored a new Asian record of 2.07m.
Praveen Kumar Biography: SOCIAL MEDIA
- Instagram – N.A
- Twitter – N.A
A Historic Day ??— #Tokyo2020 for India (@Tokyo2020hi) September 3, 2021
?Praveen Kumar sets Asian Record, winning #ParaAthletics #Silver
?Avani Lekharia becomes first #IND woman to win two #Paralympics medals with her #ParaShootingSport #Bronze
?Harvinder Singh wins #IND‘s first #ParaArchery medal with his #Bronze pic.twitter.com/sQwsDDqcoV
Congratulations to Praveen Kumar who won the Silver Medal in High Jump, and to Avani Lekhara who becomes the first Indian woman to win multiple medals in #Paralympics, with a bronze in 50m Rifle 3P SH1 final. ????— Royal Challengers Bangalore (@RCBTweets) September 3, 2021
You’ve made the nation proud. ??#PlayBold #TeamIndia #Tokyo2020 pic.twitter.com/K7UbPs37kE