Ravi Kumar Dahiya Biography
RAVI KUMAR DAHIYA, born on 12th December 1997, is a professional Indian international wrestler who has recently won a silver medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics after being defeated in the finals 4-7 by the Russian Wrestler Zavur Uguev in the 57kg weight category. He is one of the finest young wrestlers in India. Indian wrestler Sushil Kumar greatly inspires Ravi Kumar.
|Full Name||Ravi Kumar Dahiya|
|Birthplace||Nahri, Sonipat, Haryana, India|
|Date of Birth||12th December 1997|
|Age||24 years (as per 2021)|
|Nickname||Ravi Kumar Dahiya|
|Parent||Rakesh Dahiya (father) Urmila Devi (mother)|
Let’s dive deep into Ravi Kumar Dahiya’s life and talk about Ravi Kumar Dahiya Biography.
Ravi Kumar Dahiya Biography: Early Life
Ravi Kumar was born on 12th December 1997 in Nahri Village of Sonipat Village in Haryana, India, to Rakesh Dahiya (father) and Urmila Devi (mother). He was sent to Chhatrasal Stadium to train wrestling from former wrestler Satpal Singh (a 1992 Asian Games gold medallist).
Despite poor financial conditions, his father, Rakesh, travelled for almost 10km daily at the Chhatrasal Stadium to provide him milk and fruits to maintain his diet for nearly 10 years. His professional wrestling started after participating in the 2015 Junior World Wrestling Championship, where he was fortunate to win a silver medal.
Ravi Kumar Dahiya Biography: Family
- Ravi Kumar was born in the Nihari village of Sonipat district in Haryana, India, to poor parents RakeshDahiya (father) and Urmila Devi (mother).
- His father, Rakesh, used to work for rent on paddy fields, and his mother was a housewife.
Ravi Kumar Dahiya Biography: Career
- Ravi Kumar started wrestling at the age of 10.
- He was sent to Chhatrasal Stadium, almost 10km away from his residence, by his father, Rakesh.
- His first international breakthrough came when he won a silver medal at the 2015 Junior World Wrestling Championship. He was fortunate to win a silver medal in the 55kg weight category.
- Later in 2017, he was injured, because of which he was forced to take a rest for almost one year from wrestling but soon made his epic comeback in 2018.
- In the 2018 U-23 World Wrestling Championship, he showed his master skills and won a silver medal.
- For the 2019 Pro Wrestling League, he was signed to Haryana Hammers and played a vital role in winning the title.
- Later the same year, at the Asian Wrestling Championship held in China, he had a poor performance and was ranked in the 5th position losing a bronze medal.
- He was selected in the quota for the 2020 Summer Olympics after winning a bronze medal at the 2019 World Wrestling Championship conquered by the gold medallist ZaurUguev of Russia.
- Later in 2020, he won a silver medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics after losing the semi-finals.
Ravi Kumar Dahiya Biography: Awards and Achievements
- Rewarded with Rs.50 Lakhs by the Central Government of India.
- Rewarded with Rs.4 Crore by the Government of Haryana.
- He is nominated for the Arjuna Award in 2021.
Ravi Kumar Dahiya Biography: Olympic 2020
- Ravi Kumar was selected in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in the 57kg weight category for wrestling. He was fortunate to bring a silver medal for the country after losing the final to Russian Wrestler Zaur Uguev by 4-7.
Ravi Kumar Dahiya Biography: Records
- After winning a silver medal at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, he became India’s second wrestler to win an individual silver medal at the Olympics.
Ravi Kumar Dahiya Biography: Social Media
- Instagram – ravi_kumar_60
- Twitter – @ravidahiya60