Riyan Parag Biography
RIYAN PARAG born on 10th November 2001 is a rising star All-Rounder cricketer from India who represents Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League and has represented Assam and Railways cricket team in domestic tournaments. He was part of the Indian U-19 cricket squad that won the 2018 U-19 Cricket World Cup beating Australia in the finals. Riyan was the leading run-scorer at the 2018-2019 Vijay Hazare Trophy representing Assam in the tournament. He is a right-handed batsman who can also bowl right-handed leg-breaks with high intensity.
|Full Name||Riyan Parag|
|Birthplace||Guwahati, Assam, India|
|Date of Birth||10th November 2001|
|Age||20 years (as per 2021)|
|Parent||Parag Das (father) Mithoo Barooah Das (mother)|
Let’s dive deep into Riyan Parag’s life and talk about Riyan Parag’s Biography.
Riyan Parag Biography: Early Life
Riyan was born in a sports blood family to a domestic cricketer, Parag Das, and a national level swimmer, Mithoo Barooah Das in the biggest city Guwahati of Assam, India. He was manifested by his father who practiced the sport and played the sport with him. His dedication and skills manifested his father and supported him to pursue his father’s career in it.
Shaping his batting skills under his father’s guidance, who has played domestic tournaments with M.S Dhoni, helped him to grasp the techniques and fundamentals of cricket. At starting, he played for his school and a local club. His hard work helped him get selected in the U-16 Assam squad at a very small age of 12.
He made his first T20 debut at the Inter-State Twenty-20 Tournament representing Assam.
Also Read:- Umran Malik’s Biography.
Riyan Parag Biography: Career
- He came under talks after his T20 debut at the Inter-State Twenty-20 Tournament.
- At a small age of 16, he also debuted at the 2017-2018 Ranji Trophy.
- His domestic performances gasped the eyesight of the U-19 Indian squad selectors and soon were selected for the 2018 U-19 Cricket World Cup. In the tournament, India chased the mark of 216 and won by 8 wickets.
- After some months, he appeared at the 2018-2019 Vijay Hazare Trophy and had an extraordinary performance in the tournament while representing Assam. In the tournament, he was the leading run-scorer after batting a total of 248 runs in just 7 matches.
- His domestic performances paved his way in the Indian Premier League.
- He was bought by RR (Rajasthan Royals) for a base price of Rupees 20 Lakh in the 2019 IPL. In the league, he scored a half-century becoming the youngest player to score a half-century in the history of IPL. Riyan played 7 matches scoring 160 runs and picking 2 wickets with a 32.00 run rate.
- Riyan played the 2020 IPL representing RR and scoring a total of 86 runs in 12 matches.
Riyan Parag Biography: Indian Premier League 2021
- Riyan was retained with Rajasthan Royals for the 2021 Indian Premier League.
Also Read:- Ravi Bishnoi’s Biography.
Riyan Parag Biography: Family
- Riyan was born in a family with a sports background to Parag Das and Mithoo Baroooah Das.
- His father was a domestic cricket player who also played some tournaments with MS Dhoni while representing Railways and his mother is a national record holder in swimming.
Riyan Parag Biography: Wife and Kids
Riyan Parag Biography: Awards and Achievements
- 2018 U-19 Cricket World Cup – Won.
Riyan Parag Biography: Records
- Youngest player to score a fifty in the history of IPL.
Riyan Parag Biography: Social Media
- Instagram – @riyanhparag.
- Twitter – @ParagRiyan.