Sandeep Narwal Biography
SANDEEP NARWAL born on 5th April 1993 is an Indian All-Rounder Kabaddi player. He represents the Indian kabaddi team in internationals and will be playing for Dabang Delhi in season 8 of the VIVO Pro Kabaddi League. Sandeep is one of the most esteemed players of PKL. Known for his high strength BLOCK, he rapidly jumps in front of a raider to block him vigorously and dash him out of the mat. He is the most successful all-rounder in PKL and was part of the Indian team winning gold at the 2016 Asian Games.
|Full name||Sandeep Narwal|
|Age||28 years (as per 2021)|
|Birthplace||Sonepat, Haryana, India|
|Date of Birth||5th April 1993|
|Parent||Dilbag Narwal (father)|
Let’s dive deep into Sandeep Narwal’s life and talk about and talk about Sandeep Narwal’s Biography.
Sandeep Narwal Biography: EARLY LIFE
Sandeep was born in Sonepat, Haryana, India in a wealthy family with his father, Dilbag Narwal being a former kabaddi player who has represented India internationally at the Asian Games. It was his father’s recommendation for him to pursue and train kabaddi in the future.
Sandeep started playing kabaddi from the age of 8. Soon, he represented his school in the district and state competitions. Competing and winning various tournaments with his high skilled performance helped him gain importance and fame at an early age. His astonishing strength fascinated his friends and opponents.
For his unbelievable performance in local tournaments, he was selected in the state team and was further selected by the Sports Authority of India. He was sent to Gandhinagar for further training under Jaiveer Sharma who played a major role in shaping Sandeep’s raiding performance. Soon, he showed up his raiding skills from which he made it to the Senior National Kabaddi Team.
Sandeep Narwal Biography: CAREER
- In 2011, he was called up for a national call at the 2011 Junior Asiads.
- Later, he was selected in the Senior Kabaddi team and played in the Indian squad which won gold at the 2016 South Asian Games.
Sandeep Narwal Biography: Pro Kabaddi League
- Sandeep was signed with Patna Pirates in the 1st PKL season based on his performance in internationals and retained with the team for the next two seasons.
- In his 1st PKL season, he scored his personal best score with 92 raid points and 27 tackle points in 16 matches with 8 Super raids and 6 Super Tackles.
- He scored 46 raid points and 37 tackle points in 16 matches in the 2nd season representing the Pirates including 1 Super Raid and Super Tackles.
- He retained with the team for the next PKL season where he scored his personal lowest score with a total of 64 points in 14 matches but helped the team win their first PKL title.
- In the 4th PKL season, he was released by the Pirates and was bought by Telegu Titans. He scored a total of 66 points in 16 matches with 2 Super Tackles.
- He was again released in the next season. For the 5th Season, he was signed with Puneri Paltan and retained with the team till the next season.
- In the 5th season, he again scored the best raid score with 33 raid points in 52 tackle points in 21 matches with 3 Super Tackle and 1 Super Raids.
- During his 2nd season with Paltan, he scored a total of 66 points in 18 matches.
- In the 7th season, he was bought by U Mumba and scored 20 raid points and 56 tackle points in 24 matches.
Sandeep Narwal Biography: FAMILY
- Sandeep was born in Sonepat, Haryana, India to a former kabaddi player, Dilbag Narwal.
- He has two younger brothers named Sonu and Ravinder Narwal.
Sandeep Narwal Biography: WIFE AND KIDS
Sandeep Narwal Biography: AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Best Defender of the Tournament – Season 3.
- Pro Kabaddi League Title – Season 3.
- 2016 South Asian Games – Gold.
Sandeep Narwal Biography: Records
- 2nd best all-rounder at the inaugural season – 119 points.
- The only third defender to eclipse the mark of 500 points in the Pro Kabaddi League.
- 4th player to eclipse the mark of 300 points in the PKL history. He achieved the feat in season 7.
Sandeep Narwal Biography: SOCIAL MEDIA
- Instagram – @sandeepnarwal10.
- Twitter – N.A