Shaheen Afridi Biography
SHAHEEN AFRIDI born on 6th April 2000 is a Pakistani fast-bowler with enormous talent will be playing for the Middlesex County Club at the domestic tournament of England and Whales. He plays for the Pakistani cricket team internationally and Khyber Pakhtunkhawa in the National T20 Cup of Pakistan. Shaheen came under international talks after picking five wickets haul in two matches against Balochistan and Sindh in the 2020-2021 National T20 Cup while playing for the team of Khyber. This ferocious bowler can bowl at a speed of 140 kmph constantly and breaking bats.
|Full Name||Shaheen Shah Afridi|
|Birthplace||Landi Kotal, Khyber, Pakistan|
|Date of Birth||6th April 2000|
|Age||21 years (as per 2021)|
|Parent||Ayaz Khan (father)|
Let’s dive deep into Shaheen Afridi’s life and talk about Shaheen Afridi’s Biography.
Shaheen Afridi Biography: Early Life
Shaheen was born in the largest Afridi Tribe in the Khyber district, The Zakhakhel Afridi Tribe to Ayaz Khan with six elder brothers. He was introduced to the sport by his eldest brother, Riaz who played a Test for Pakistan in 2004. In his initial days, he played the sport at the nearby Tatara Ground getting basic training from his brother.
His brother was heavily impressed with his bowling skills with tennis bowls and motivated him to pursue professional training and try luck at selection trials for U-16. At the age of 15, he appeared for selection trials for Federally Administrated Tribal Areas (FATA) and was fortunate to get selected in his first-ever trials.
Soon after getting selected in the U-16 squad, he appeared at the PCB U-16 Tournament and became the highest wicket-taker in the tournament with 12 wickets. This performance helped him get selected for Pakistan’s U-16 squad and debut in the series against Australia. At the mere age of 16, he was selected in the U-19 Pakistan squad for his bowling talent.
Also Read – Priyam Garg’s Biography.
Shaheen Afridi’s Career
- He made his first astonishing appearance at the 2015 U-16 series of Pakistan against Australia. In the series, he picked four wickets helping the team win the series by 2-1.
- In 2016, he was fortunate to get selected in the U-19 squad of Pakistan for his bowling scores and represent at the 2016 U-19 Asia Cup. He took 3 wickets in their first match against Singapore giving 27 runs.
- The next year, he played for Dhaka Dynamites and Khan Research Laboratories in the Bangladeshi Premier League and the 2017-2018 Qasim-e-Azam Trophy. While representing Khan Research Laboratories, he took 8 wickets giving 39 runs in the second match and making the best figures ever by a Pakistani bowler.
- In 2018, he was signed with Lahore Qalandars as a fast bowler for the 2018 Pakistan Super League. In a match against the Multans, he took six wickets in an inning and being adjudged as the Player of the Match.
- The same year, he made his appearance 2018 Pakistan Cup for the squad of Balochistan.
- In 2019, he was picked by the Hampshire County Cricket Club for the 2020 T20 Blast. He made his astonishing performance in the tournament picking four wickets in four balls and a hat-trick.
- He took five-wicket haul in two innings, one against Balochistan and Sindh in the 2020 National T20 Cup.
- In 2021, he was selected to play domestic tournaments between England and Whales playing for the Middlesex County Cricket Club.
Shaheen Afridi in the 2021 Indian Premier League
Also Read – Venkatesh Iyer’s Biography.
Shaheen Afridi’s Family
- Shaheen was born in Zakhakhel Afridi Tribe to Ayaz Khan (father).
- He is the youngest of seven brothers.
- His eldest brother is named Riaz.
Shaheen Afridi’s Wife and Kids
Shaheen Afridi’s Awards and Achievements
Shaheen Afridi’s Records
- In a World Cup match against Bangladesh in 2019, he took a five-wicket haul becoming the youngest player to do so.
Shaheen Afridi’s Social Media
- Instagram – @ishaheenafridi10.
- Twitter – @iShaheenAfridi.