Shushila Likmabam Biography
SHUSHILA DEVI LIKMABAM, born on 1st February 1995, is an Indian Judoka who represents India in the woman’s 48kg weight category in international. After winning silver at the 2014 Commonwealth Games, she got limelight in the woman’s 48kg weight category. Shushila Devi has qualified for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
|Full name||Shushila Devi Likmabam|
|Age||26 years (as per 2021)|
|Birthplace||Khudan, Jhajjar, Haryana, India|
|Date of Birth||1st February 1995|
Let’s dive deep into Shushila Devi Likmabam’s life and talk about Shushila Likmabam Biography.
Shushila Likmabam Biography: Early Life
Shushila Devi was born on 1st February 1995 in the capital city of Manipur, Imphal.
She was introduced to the sport at the age of 8. Shushila was greatly inspired by her uncle, LikmabamDinit, who is a former international judo player.
LikmabamDinit trained her from the age of eight, but later she joined the Sports Authority Centre (SAI) to get professional Training under Coach SabitriChanu.
She won her first gold medal in the 2010 Commonwealth Junior Championship.
Shushila Likmabam Biography: Family
- There’s not much information about Shushila’s family.
Shushila Likmabam Biography: Career
- Shushila started judoka from the age of 8 under the surveillance of her uncle, LikmabamDinit.
- His uncle was a former international judo player.
- Later she joined the local SAI center to get professional training under SabitriChanu.
- She made an unbelievable performance at the 2010 Commonwealth Junior Championship winning her first gold medal.
- Subsequently, she again won a gold medal at the Asian U-17 Championships held in Beirut.
- At the 2013 Asian U-21 Championship held in Hainan, she was fortunate to win a bronze medal.
- Later in 2014, she won a silver medal in the 48kg weight category at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
- In 2015, she participated in the U-21 Asian Championship and won a bronze medal.
- At the 2018 Asian Open, after three years, she won a silver medal, and in the consequent year, she made an immense performance to win a gold medal.
- She has qualified for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics with a continental quota.
Shushila Likmabam Biography: Achievements
- Commonwealth Games 2014 – silver
- Asian Open 2018, 2019 – silver
- Commonwealth Games 2019 – gold
Sushila Likambam Biography: Olympics
Shushila Devi Likambam managed to reach the round of 32 in the Judo Women’s 48 Kg Category. She lost there to E Csernoviczki in a one-sided game.
Shushila Likmabam Biography: Social Media
- Instagram – N/A
- Twitter – N/A