Sumit Antil Biography
SUMIT ANTIL born on 6th July 1998 is an Indian Para-Javelin Throw player. Sumit competes in the F64 category in which athletes with below-knee amputation compete. Despite playing the sport with a prosthetic left leg, he has clinched a gold medal for India at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics and manifesting everyone with his dedication and skills to pull up international medals. He won in the finals of the Paralympics scoring a World Record throw of 68.55m.
|Full Name||Sumit Antil|
|Birthplace||Kewra, Sonipat, Haryana, India|
|Date of Birth||6th July 1998|
|Age||23 years (as per 2021)|
|Parent||Ram Kumar Antil (father) Nirmala Devi (mother)|
Let’s dive deep into Sumit Antil’s life and talk about Sumit Antil’s Biography.
Sumit Antil Biography: EARLY LIFE
Sumit was born in a remote-backward village, Kewra of Sonipat district in Haryana, India to Ram Kumar Antil (father) and Nirmala Devi (mother). He was never an academic student but was dedicated to pursuing wrestling as his further career getting inspired by Yogeshwar Dutt. His father was a former Indian Airforce Official and passed away when Sumit was just 7 years old. All the financial burdens were managed by his mother.
Sumit started training the sport from a small age but at the age of 15, within a few moments, his entire life drastically changed. He has hit by a tractor while he was on his motorbike returning home from his tuition. He was severely injured and was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital. In the accident, he lost his left leg.
The injuries took several months to recover and after 3 months, Sumit started walking with a prosthetic leg. While pursuing B.Com at Dev Rishi Senior Secondary School in Sonipat, Sumit was introduced to the theme of Para-Athletics by Rajkumar who also was a para-athlete. Soon, he was inspired and motivated by Rajkumar and decided to train for it. He shifted to Delhi and trained under Coach Naval Singh for javelin throw. His career’s early phase was quite difficult, he faced pain and bleeding in the inner part of the prosthetic leg.
He kept himself motivated all the time and never leaned back on his disability. With consistent struggle and dedication in the sport, he kept winning medals in state and national tournaments. Sumit made his first international mark at the 2019 World Para Athletics Championship held in Dubai.
Sumit Antil Biography: CAREER
- Sumit made her first astonishing appearance at the 2019 World Para Athletics Championship held in Dubai. He made an astonishing performance throughout the tournament and secured his first international medal in the javelin throw F64 category with a silver medal. He won the medal making a throw of 62.88m his personal best throw.
- Securing his first medal, his performance grabbed worldwide attention and helped gain some financial support and help from GoSports Foundation.
- The same year, he grabbed his second consecutive silver at the 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix held in Italy.
- His medal-winning performance helped him get qualified in the TOPScheme and represent the country at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics.
Sumit Antil Biography: PARALYMPICS 2020
- Sumit had an astonishing performance throughout the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics and was fortunate in grabbing gold for the country.
- Sumit was fortunate to clinch a gold medal in the F64 category and breaking numerous world records.
- In the Paralympics, he made an unbelievable throw of 68.55m in the finals securing him a medal and scoring a new world record.
- His teammates, Devendra Jhajaria and Sundar Singh Gurjar also captured gold and bronze medal at the Paralympics.
Sumit Antil Biography: FAMILY
- Sumit was born in a middle-class family to Ram Kumar Antil (father) and Nirmala Devi (mother).
- His father, Ram Kumar passed was a former Indian Air Force official and passed away in 2005.
- After his father’s death, the family suffered a huge financial crisis.
- He has three elder sisters, Kiran, Sushila, and Renu Antil.
Sumit Antil Biography: WIFE AND KIDS
Sumit Antil Biography: AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2019 World Para Athletics Championship (Dubai) – Silver.
- 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix (Italy) – Silver.
- 2020 Tokyo Paralympics – Gold.
Sumit Antil Biography: RECORDS
- At the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics, he made an astonishing throw of 68.55m securing gold and scoring a new world record.
Sumit Antil Biography: SOCIAL MEDIA
- Instagram – @antil_sumit7698.
- Twitter – @sumit_javelin.
What an achievement from Sumit Antil at the #Paralympics! How do you go and better YOUR OWN mark three times in one day? So many lessons to learn and so many more reasons to be inspired. Congratulations on GOLD! #Praise4Para pic.twitter.com/VdS7VcmfAO— Rishabh Pant (@RishabhPant17) August 31, 2021
Setting a world record thrice in the same event is the stuff of legends!— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) August 31, 2021
No adjective can describe this feat well enough. Superb effort #SumitAntil! Congratulations on winning the 🥇 in Men’s Javelin F64.#Tokyo2020 #Paralympics #ParaAthletics #Praise4Para pic.twitter.com/y8cu7HJwGg