Tarun Dhillon Biography
TARUN DHILLON born on 18th August 1994 is an Indian Para-Shuttler. Ranked as the World No.2 on the scoreboards in men’s singles para-badminton for the SL4 category (event in which shuttlers with alleviating lower limp impairment than the SL3 players compete). He is one of the most successful para-shuttlers in India with a long list of medals in international and world championships. Severe impairment in his right leg never leaned him to sit back and rest, rather he turned his weakness in his strength and tightened his belts to compete and win medals internationally. For his immense dedication, he was selected in the Indian para-badminton squad to represent the country at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics.
|Full Name||Tarun Dhillon|
|Birthplace||Hissar, Haryana, India|
|Date of Birth||18th August 1994|
|Age||27 years (as per 2021)|
Let’s dive deep into Tarun Dhillon’s life and talk about Tarun Dhillon’s Biography.
Tarun Dhillon Biography: EARLY LIFE
Tarun was born in a middle-class Hindu family in a town also known as “The City of Steel” Hissar of Haryana, India. He was a sports aficionado from his childhood and was a huge cricket fan. Tarun practiced the sport daily but a stumbling block arrived in his life when he was 10 years old.
He plunged while playing cricket resulting in a deep bruise on his knee. The treatment for the wound was delayed which resulted in the spreading of the infection. To stop the infection from spreading, his knee went under two operations which unfortunately resulted in delaying his leg’s natural growth and locking of his knee.
It took several months for him to heal up and was bedridden for the whole time. He always kept thinking of playing cricket but was prohibited from playing it. Soon, he started playing badminton never leaning back with his injury. Several months passed and Tarun’s interest and skills in the sport were astonishingly observable. Soon, he started playing various inter-school and district competitions against physically normal bodies.
He made his first international recognition at the 2013 BWF Para-Badminton World Championships.
Tarun Dhillon Biography: CAREER
- Despite having a severe lower limb impairment, Tarun won his first international gold in men’s singles SL4 event at the 2013 BWF Para-Badminton World Championships held in Germany defeating Lin Cheng-che of Taiwan in finals with a score of 21-15 and 21-10.
- In the consecutive year, he grabbed a silver medal in the men’s singles SL4 category at the 2014 Asian Para Games conquering Fedy Setiawan of Indonesia with a score of 20-22 and 18-21.
- In 2015, Tarun made an astonishing performance winning gold in men’s singles and silver in men’s doubles with Pramod Bhagat at the 2015 BWF Para-Badminton World Championships.
- After two years, Tarun came under international talks after securing a silver medal in the men’s singles SL4 event getting defeated by Lucas Mazur of France in the finals of the 2017 BWF Para-Badminton World Championships.
- In 2018, Tarun Dhillon grabbed gold in the men’s singles SL4 event and bronze in the men’s team at the 2018 Asian Para Games.
- At the 2019 BWF Para-Badminton World Championships, Tarun was a pinch away from grabbing the gold medal and was defeated by Lucas Mazur of France because of facing a knee injury in the right leg during the match in the men’s singles SL4 category bringing silver for the country. At the same tournament, Tarun won silver in the men’s doubles SL3-SL4 with Nitesh Kumar.
- His performance in internationals helped him get selected in the para-badminton team of India to compete at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics.
Tarun Dhillon Biography: PARALYMPICS 2020
- Tarun had an astonishing performance throughout the Paralympics but unfortunately returned to the country without any medal in the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics. His partner, Pramod Bhagat was fortunate to grab gold for India at the tournament.
- He is ranked 4th on the scoreboards and won 2 matches facing a total of 5 matches at the Paralympics.
Tarun Dhillon Biography: Family
Tarun Dhillon Biography: WIFE AND KIDS
Tarun Dhillon Biography: AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2013 BWF Para-Badminton World Championships – Gold in singles.
- 2014 Asian Para Games – Silver in singles.
- 2015 BWF Para-Badminton World Championships – Gold in singles and silver in men’s doubles.
- 2017 BWF Para-Badminton World Championships – Silver in singles.
- 2018 Asian Para Games – Gold in singles and bronze in men’s team.
- 2019 BWF Para-Badminton World Championships – Silver in singles and doubles.
Tarun Dhillon Biography: RECORDS
- Ranked as the World No.2 Para-Badminton Player for men’s singles in the SL4 category.
Tarun Dhillon Biography: SOCIAL MEDIA
- Instagram – @tarundhillon22.
- Twitter – N.A
🚨🚨🚨#IND are assured a medal and can win another in #ParaBadminton Men's Singles SL4👏#Bronze match ➡️ Tarun Dhillon 🆚 #INA's Setiawan Fredy #Gold match ➡️ Suhas Yathiraj 🆚 #FRA's Lucas Mazur#Tokyo2020 #Paralympics https://t.co/rPqRm4wexB— #Tokyo2020 for India (@Tokyo2020hi) September 4, 2021