Vandana Katariya Biography
VANDANA KATARIYA, born on 15th April 1992, is an Indian international hockey player and currently plays as a forward in the Indian National Team. She has made a debut of more than 200 matches for India in international competitions. Vandana came under consideration after her mind-blowing performance after scoring five goals in the 2013 Women’s Junior Hockey World Cup and became the third player to do.
|Age||29 years (as per 2021)|
|Date of Birth||15th April 1992|
|Parent||Nahar Singh (father)|
Let’s dive deep into Vandana Katariya’s life and talk about Vandana Katariya Biography.
Vandana Katariya Biography: Early Life
Vandana was born on 15th April 1992 in Roshnabad, Uttarakhand, to Nahar Singh. She was fond of hockey from an early age.
Vandana’s hard work and dedication directed her to become a part of the national team. She made her first junior and senior international debut in 2006 and 2010, respectively.
Vandana Katariya Biography: Career
- Vandana was called up in the junior national team in 2006 and the senior national team after four years.
- She played a vital role for the Indian Hockey team in winning a bronze at the 2013 Junior World Cup held in Germany, scoring five goals in four matches, making her father and country proud.
- Her tremendous performance at the 2013 Junior World Cup helped her gain more followers in the country.
- She won her 100th cap in the 2014 Commonwealth Games against Canada.
- In 2014, she helped her team win the 2014-2015 FIH Hockey World Cup with a total score of 11 goals.
- Vandana was dignified with Hockey India’s Player of the Year Award for her fantastic performance in international championships.
- In 2017, she was a part of the Indian National team, which won the 2017 Women’s Hockey Asia Cup, conquering Malaysia with 2-1. It was India’s third Asia Cup Title.
- Vandana was named as the Player of the Tournament in the 2018 Asian Champion Trophy.
- Katariya won a bronze medal in 2014 and a silver in the 2018 Asian Games with her team.
- She is known for her goal-scoring and defending skills.
Vandana Katariya Biography: Tokyo Olympics 2020
Vandana Katariya reached the semifinals of the Tokyo Olympics Women Hockey, alongside the Indian team after beating mighty Australia. However, despite the best of efforts, the Indian Women Hockey Team failed to grab the Bronze medal.
Vandana Katariya Biography: Family
- Vandana hails from Roshnabad, Uttarakhand, India.
- She was born in a middle-class family to Nahar Singh (father).
- Her father worked at BHEL, Haridwar as a master technician.
Vandana Katariya Biography: Awards and Achievements
- Player of the Tournament – Asian Champion Trophy 2018.
- Hockey player of the Year Award – 2014.
Vandana Katariya Biography: Records
- India’s first female hockey player to score a hat-trick at Olympics.
Vandana Katariya Biography: Social Media