Yogesh Kathuniya Biography: Yogesh Kathuniya born on 15th June 1994 is an Indian Para-Discus Thrower. He competes in Men’s Discus Throw F56 category (athletes with muscle power impairment compete in this category). He was selected in the TOPS scheme under the Indian Government to represent the contingent along with 54 athletes at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics and has secured a silver medal in the men’s discus throw F46 event. Despite suffering from a rare nerve cell disorder, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Yogesh has manifested everyone with his high skilled performance and international achievements.
|Full Name||Yogesh Kathuniya|
|Birthplace||Faridabad, Haryana, India|
|Date of Birth||3rd March 1997|
|Age||26 years (as per 2023)|
|Parent||Gyanchand Kathuniya (father) Meena Devi (mother)|
Let’s dive deep into Yogesh Kathuniya’s life and talk about Yogesh Kathuniya’s Biography.
Yogesh Kathuniya Biography: EARLY LIFE
Yogesh was born in the capital city, Delhi in India to a middle-class family with his father, Gyanchand Kathuniya being an Army Personnel and mother, Meena Devi being a housewife. He suffered a paralytic attack at the age of 8, which further resulted in a very rare disorder, Guillan-Bare syndrome. After some months, it led to Quadriperisis (a condition in which all the muscles of four limbs get weakened).
He did his schooling at Army Public School and was mocked by his classmates which demotivated him to participate in any social activity. Yogesh was a sports enthusiast, but due to his disability, he never gained the self-confidence to practice any sport. His mother, Meena Devi learned physiotherapy to cure Yogesh of his disabilities. After three years of daily physiotherapy sessions, he was able to walk.
While pursuing graduation in B.Com from the Kirori Mal College, Delhi University, Yogesh was introduced and motivated to pursue para-sports by the head of the student’s union, Sachin Yadav. Soon, he started practicing various sports in his college and his coaches were immensely motivated with his dedication and skills. Without wasting much time, he enrolled his name at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Delhi, and trained discus throw under coach, Naval Singh.
Yogesh made his first international mark at the 2018 World Para Athletics European Championships scoring a World Record throw in the championship.
Yogesh Kathuniya Biography: CAREER
- In 2018, he achieved immense fame after scoring a world record throw of 45.18m at the 2018 World Para Athletics European Championships.
- His next milestone was achieved at the 2019 World Para Athletics Championships held in Dubai. In the championship, he clinched a bronze medal in the men’s discus throw F56 event.
- This achievement helped him get qualified in the TOPS scheme to represent the Indian contingent at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics.
Yogesh Kathuniya Biography: PARALYMPICS 2020
- Yogesh had an astonishing performance throughout the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics clinching silver for the country.
- Yogesh Kathuniya won silver scoring a throw of 44.08m in the men’s discus throw F56 event.
- He was conquered by Brazilian Batista dos Santos in the finals who scored a throw of 45.09m.
Yogesh Kathuniya Biography: FAMILY
- Yogesh was born in a middle-class family to Gyanchand Kathuniya (father) and Meena Devi (mother).
- His father was an Army Personnel while his mother is a housewife.
Yogesh Kathuniya Biography: WIFE AND KIDS
Yogesh Kathuniya Biography: AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2019 World Para Athletics Championships – Bronze.
- 2020 Tokyo Paralympics – Silver.
Yogesh Kathuniya Biography: RECORDS
- In 2018, he scored a world record throw of 45.18m at the 2018 World Para Athletics European Championship.
Yogesh Kathuniya Biography: SOCIAL MEDIA
- Instagram – @yogeshkathuniya.
- Twitter – @YogeshKathuniya.
Glimpses of special moments spent with none other than PM @PMOIndia— Yogesh Kathuniya (@YogeshKathuniya) September 11, 2021
Thank you for your love and support sir… It’s was phenomenal.
These moments will always be cherished in my heart ❤️❤️ pic.twitter.com/KrPm2M78qH