Shubman Gill Biography (Cricket– India ): Early Life, Career, IPL 2021, Family, Wife, Kids, Girlfriend, Awards, Achievements, Records, Social Media
Shubman Gill Biography
SHUBMAN GILL born on 8th September 1999 is a rising batsman from India who astonishes everyone with his skills and confounds bowlers with his huge sixes. He represents KKR (Kolkata Knight Riders) in the 2021 Indian Premier League and Punjab state team in domestic cricket. The Indian U-19 cricket team won the 2018 U-19 Cricket World Cup under Gill’s vice-captaincy and being adjudged as the Player of the Tournament. He made his international appearance representing the Indian cricket team in January 2019.
|Full Name||Shubman Gill|
|Birthplace||Fazilka, Punjab, India|
|Date of Birth||8th September 1999|
|Age||21 years (as per 2021)|
|Parent||Lakhwinder Singh Gill (father) Keart Gill (mother)|
Let’s dive deep into Shubman Gill’s life and talk about Shubman Gill’s Biography.
Shubman Gill’s Early Life
Shubman was born in a Sikh family to farmer Lakhwinder Singh Gill (father) and Kerat Gill (mother). It was his father, who inspired and motivated Gill to take up the sport. His father never demoralized him just because he also wanted to make a future in the sport but was not provided with adequate support and lack of career opportunity v.
He started playing the sport at the age of three. His father was greatly impressed with his skills and decided to shift to Mohali, to train in nearby Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium (PCA). Soon, his hard work and dedication to the sport paved his way in the Punjab U-16 team.
Gill made his first List-A debut in the 2016-2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy representing Punjab against the team of Vidarbha.
Shubman Gill’s Career
- He made his first astonishing List-A debut against Vidarbha representing Punjab at the 2016-2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- In February month of 2017, he was selected in the Indian U-19 squad for the series against England.
- The same year, he was fortunate to make his first-class debut at the 2017-2018 Ranji Trophy. He came under conversations after scoring an astonishing maiden century for Punjab.
- Later in 2017, he played a major role in the Indian U-19 cricket team at the 2018 U-19 Cricket World Cup. He vice-captained the cricket team and scored the highest runs in the tournament. Gill was adjudged as the Payer of the Tournament.
- His performance at the domestic and international level at World Cup astonished many selectors of the Indian Premier League. In the 2018 Indian Premier League, he was bought by KKR (Kolkata Knight Riders) for Rupee 1.8 Cr.
- In the 2018 IPL, he played 27 matches for KKR and scored a total of 499 runs with an astonishing average of 33.26 runs.
- Later in 2018, he also made his representation at the 2018-2019 Deodhar Trophy and the 2018-19 Ranji Trophy.
- In the 2018-2019 Ranji Trophy, he astonishingly eclipsed the mark of 1000 runs and became the highest run-scorer from the Punjab squad.
- He made his ODI debut representing the Indian team in January of 2019 against the series of New Zealand.
- In the 2019 IPL, he was adjudged as the Emerging Player of the Tournament for his batting skills.
- He became the youngest Indian batsman to score a double century in a first-class debut. This feat was achieved in August 2019 while playing a match against West Indies.
- After the series against West Indies, he was selected in the Indian squad for the Test series against South Africa but unfortunately was not selected in the playing eleven.
- In 2019, he was fortunate to be named as the captain of the India C team at the 2019-2020 Deodhar Trophy. After captaining the team, he became the youngest player to captain a team in the tournament.
- He played a major role in the Indian team winning the series against Australia scoring 91 runs in the fourth test.
Shubman Gill in the 2021 Indian Premier League
- Shubman retained with KKR (Kolkata Knight Riders) for the Indian Premier League of 2021.
- In the league, he has played over 15 matches scoring a total of 381 runs with two half-centuries.
Shubman Gill’s Family
- Shubman was born in a Sikh family to Lakhwinder Singh Gill (father) and Kerat Gill (mother).
- His father is a farmer owning multiple agricultural fields and his mother is a housewife.
- Gill has an elder sister Shahneel Gill.
Shubman Gill’s Wife and Kids/Girlfriend
Shubman Gill’s Awards and Achievements
- 2018 U-19 Cricket World Cup – Won.
- Player of the Tournament – 2018.
- IPL Emerging Player of Tournament – 2019.
Shubman Gill’s Records
- He vice-captained the U-19 Indian cricket team at the 2018 U-19 Cricket World Cup and was the leading run-scorer in the tournament scoring 372 runs.
- At the 2018-2019 Ranji Trophy, he scored 728 runs becoming the leading run-scorer in the tournament appearing for Punjab.
- Gill is the youngest Indian first-class batsman to score a double-century.
Shubman Gill’s Social Media
- Instagram – @shubmangill.
- Twitter – @ShubmanGill.
[email protected] shows his support for our athletes at @Tokyo2020. ? ?— BCCI (@BCCI) July 26, 2021
Let us all come together & #Cheer4India ?? ? ? @IndiaSports | @Media_SAI | @WeAreTeamIndia pic.twitter.com/iHrosqTqvG